Tuesday, April 5, 2011

In the meantime...

I came across this idea on one of my favorite sites but sadly I am not chic enough to have my own book of Pantone paint chips. I finished my OTHER Easter craft, and with the leftovers, I decided to make my own magnets. So this is what I came up with. I LOVE them... so much. I may make a million more.


I used wooden discs that I bought, all ready cut for me. I used them to measure the cut outs for the paint chips and the magnetic sheet. I glued the chips on, then used paper glaze to make them shiny and almost edible looking... then glued the magnet to the back. I'm pleased. Anything colorful makes it on my to do list. I have a feeling there will be many more paint chips in my future...


Materials:

Small wooden discs ("Woodsies")
Elmer's Glue
Paper Glaze
Paint Chips
Magnetic Paper

Cut out your circles, glue them to the disc, glue magnet to the BACK of discs, then glaze and let dry. Hang on anything metal, prevent kids from trying to eat them..

No comments:

Post a Comment